Itʻs been a long road, but we will finally be submitting our 8(a) certification packet in February of 2019. In anticipation of a whole new world of government contracting opening up just before the end of the fiscal year, we are interested in meeting with any teaming partners that we may be of benefit to for federal contracting. We've set aside the week of February 18th to meet in person or by phone with any firms that would like to start identifying federal pursuits to target for the end of the year. Learn more about our government contracting experience below.
Federal Government Contracting
Spindrift has been fortunate enough to have solid teaming partners that have called on us to help them with projects where they are a Prime or subcontractor to a Prime that has a federal government contract. Our most significant government contract was completing an Archaeological Work Plan and providing Monitoring Services for Design/Bid/Build DLA Project RM 13-1849; Repair Miramar Fuel Pipeline, NAVSUP Fleet Logistics Center (FLC), Naval Base Point Loma, City of San Diego.
We've also had occasion where a federal agency has reached out to us for support with compliance during their internal technical studies. For example, in 2018 we provided Archaeological Monitoring services for the Rancho Jamul Ecological Reserve USGS Road Barrier Study in San Diego County.
Other Government Contracting
Typically, state or local level projects can also include a federal nexus that requires our services. The project, activity, or program is funded in whole or in part under the direct or indirect jurisdiction of a Federal agency, including:
1) those carried out by or on behalf of a Federal agency;
2) those carried out with Federal financial assistance (ex. HUD funding); or
3) those requiring a Federal permit, license or approval (ex. Section 404 of the Clean Water Act permit).
The following is a list of projects we've completed that required our expertise with federal permitting:
- Cultural Resources Section 106 Inventory of the Borrego Water District Projects, San Diego and Imperial Counties, California (2018-015)
- Cultural Resources CEQA Plus Section 106 Inventory Survey of the Pond 20 Project, located in the City of Imperial Beach, San Diego County, California (2018-008)
- Archaeological Resources Section 106 Inventory Survey for the California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services (Cal OES) Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) of the Southern California Yeshiva (SCY) High School Tech Project, City of San Diego, San Diego County, California (2016-007)
- Cultural Resources CEQA Plus Section 106 Inventory Survey of the Lenox Drive Vector Control Project, City of San Diego, San Diego County, California (2015-009)
- Cultural Resources CEQA Plus Section 106 Inventory Survey for the Cool Valley Reservoir Cover Replacement Project, Valley Center, San Diego County, California (2015-006)
- Cultural Resources CEQA Plus Section 106 Inventory Survey for the Pacific Beach Pipeline Project, City of San Diego, San Diego County, California (2015-004)
Contact us to set a teaming planning appointment!
Drop us a line today to set an appointment the week of February 18th to discuss how Spindrift can be of benefit to you for federal contracting!